Restore Your Smile
Interested in dentures?
Dr. Kathryn Bachinski and Dr. Christine Petrilla provide their patients with dentures in their Bolingbrook, IL, office.
Types of Full Dentures
There are several types of dentures your dentists can provide you with when you come into their office. When you visit your doctor, you will also get a thorough examination and then have measurements taken so that custom-made dentures can be made for you.
Types of Full Dentures:
- Immediate Dentures: They are temporary dentures that help a person transition into successful denture wearing.
- Conventional Full Dentures: These are custom-made permanent dentures that look like natural teeth.
- Overdentures: These dentures are anchored to dental implants and/or to whatever natural teeth are still left.
Types of Partial Dentures:
- Transitional Partial Dentures: These temporary dentures are made of plastic that help eliminate space and gaps between teeth.
- Removable Partial Dentures: These are metal-based removable partial dentures that can be taken out and cleaned.
Advantages of Dentures:
- Dentures prevent the natural shrinkage of gums
- They are cost-effective, less expensive than implants or fixed bridgework
- They create stability for lower an/or upper jaws
- Dentures restore chewing and bite function
- They improve your smile and the aesthetic appeal of your teeth
Taking Care of Dentures:
It's important to know how best to take care of your dentures so that they can last longer:
- Rinse dentures to get rid of food particles.
- Clean your cheeks, the roof of your mouth, gums, and tongue while brushing your teeth.
- Use a soft-bristled tooth brush and a non-invasive cleanser to clean your dentures.
- Completely immerse your dentures in water to prevent them from becoming misshaped.
Need a consultation?
For more information about dentures at your Bolingbrook, IL, dentists' office, call (630) 759-0077. It's time you take care of your dental health and improve your smile!