Are Dentures Right For Me?
Are your missing teeth a source of physical and mental stress? Is chewing and eating difficult due to the gaps? Is your facial structure sagging? If you answered “yes” to these questions, wearing dentures could turn your life around, boosting not only quality of life, but self-confidence as well. For more immediate information on dentures in Bolingbrook, IL please contact Hidden Lakes Dental Care, PC.
What are the benefits of wearing dentures?
The benefits of dentures are numerous, and can be found in many peoples' everyday lives.
- Look great: Thanks to advancements in dental technology, dentures are more comfortable and natural looking than ever. As well as looking great, dentures can prevent facial muscles from sagging, causing you to look older.
- Eat the foods you want: Eating with missing teeth can prove to be difficult and even painful, since you're unable to utilise the full surface area of your bite. Dentures make eating much more comfortable, and patients can eat and chew the foods they love easily again.
- Speak with confidence: Speaking with tooth gaps can cause speech to become mumbled or words to be mispronounced, creating awkward situations during face-to-face conversations.
How do I know if dentures are right for me?
Usually, if you are missing teeth, you are a good candidate for dentures. There are different kinds of dentures for many different situations, though.
Denture types include:
- Complete Dentures: A full set of dentures made for those missing all of their teeth on the bottom or top arch of the mouth. Patients who are missing all of their teeth can wear a pair of complete dentures.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are anchored to surrounding natural teeth, and are used to fill in the gaps between missing teeth.
- Overdentures: If not all teeth are missing, overdentures utilize the remaining natural teeth in the mouth and are worn over them, further stabilizing eating.
- Immediate Dentures: These dentures are used temporarily to ensure the bone and tissues heal correctly after the extraction of teeth.
Are you interested in learning more about dentures? Dr. Charles E. Crowl, D.D.S., F.A.D.I.A. and Dr. Kathryn Bachinski, DDS of Hidden Lakes Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL can help. To schedule a consultation to talk about your oral health and how dentures fit into it, just call (630) 759-0077.