Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Top 5 Reasons to Consider Veneers
Even the smallest dental imperfections, such as tiny chips and cracks can affect your confidence about your smile. Since your smile is one of the most noticeable things about you, a good solution is to eliminate these imperfections with dental veneers. Dr. Kathryn Bachinski is a dentist at Hidden Lakes Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL. She provides porcelain veneers to her dental patients.
Five Reasons Why You Will Love Veneers
Veneers are one of the latest and most popular cosmetic dental procedures. These wafer-thin sheaths can not only cover dental flaws such as chips, cracks, and discolorations, they can also help you if you have misshapen teeth or gaps between your teeth. Here’s why Bolingbrook dental patients love their dental veneers:
- Simple process: Getting dental veneers is not complicates and you can have them in as few as two or three short visits to Dr. Bachinski. It’s just a matter of having your teeth X-rayed so that the lab can make your veneers. While you’re waiting for your permanent veneers, you will wear temporary restorations so you can start feeling good, right away.
- No one will ever know: Veneers look and feel like your natural teeth, even you won’t be able to tell the difference. As well as shielding your dental flaws, veneers will give you a bright, white, smile that will last for years.
- Durable and strong: Veneers can help to strengthen your underlying teeth, which will prevent them from further damage. This will also improve their function, so you won’t have to restrict your diet.
- Keep your smile bright: Because dental veneers are made from porcelain, they are resistant to stains, so your smile will stay whiter longer.
- Lasting results: So long as you maintain good oral hygiene practices, because of their durability, your dental veneers could last for many years.
If you are a Bolingbrook, IL resident and you would like to find out more about dental veneers, call Dr. Bachinski at (630) 759-0077 to schedule an appointment.
Struggling with tooth loss? Dentures can significantly bring back the quality of life that you desire, and come in a variety of constructions, each suited for a unique situation. Here at Hidden Lakes Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL, your dentists, Dr. Kathryn Bachinsky and Dr. Christine Petrilla, can help you decide which option is best for you.
Types of Dentures Available at Hidden Lakes Dental Care
There are two categories of dentures available, full dentures and partial dentures. Full dentures are used when all of the teeth are removed, while partial dentures address partial tooth loss.
- Immediate Dentures: On tooth removal, it is natural to observe some gum shrinkage. Immediate dentures are made as a temporary means to allow you to have new teeth right away and give you time to adjust and heal.
- Conventional Full Dentures: These are permanent dentures that conform to your mouth with near-perfect precision. They are made to look as natural as possible and made to function for a long time.
- Implant-Supported Overdentures: This form of dentures is anchored using two or more dental implants to increase their stability. This option can provide a great balance of comfort and functionality.
- Transitional Partial Dentures: When the tooth removal is partial, these temporary and inexpensive removable plastic dentures serve as tooth replacements and spacers as your mouth heals from the extraction process.
- Removable Partial Dentures: These dentures are usually more expensive than plastic dentures but they are also made to fit better. They are usually made of a cast Vitallium and are metal-based removable dentures.
Find Out More Information about How Dentures Can Help You
Hidden Lakes Dental Care in Bolingbrook, IL, is here to help you understand your treatment options and help select which one is best for you. Your dentists, Dr. Kathryn Bachinsky and Dr. Christine Petrilla, are part of our team, and they can help advise you on our available dentures. Call us at (630)759-0077 find out more, today!
If you're considering dental implant treatment to replace your missing teeth, you probably have many questions for your Bolingbrook dentists, Dr. Kathryn Bachinski and Dr. Christine Petrilla of Hidden Lakes Dental Care. Read on to learn the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about this restorative procedure!
FAQs about dental implants from our Bolingbrook office
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are dental replacements that restore a tooth from root to crown. Your Bolingbrook dentist places the titanium implant screw or cylinder directly into the jaw where bone cells bond to it through osseointegration. In essence, a dental implant functions as a new tooth root and supports a metal post and porcelain crown added later after the site is fully healed.
Are dental implants right for my situation?
Dental implants help many older teens and adults recapture the personal appearance and oral function they once enjoyed with their natural teeth. Placed singly or in multiples, implants can secure crowns, bridges, and dentures. However, your jaw bone must be strong and sizable enough to accept the implant and the pressures of biting and chewing. Accordingly, your dentist will give you a complete oral examination and do some sophisticated imaging to determine if you are healthy and have enough bone to accept the implants.
Does the procedure cause pain?
To esnure a painless procedure, your dentist will administer anesthetic before inserting the implant(s) into your jaw. As you heal, you may have some very mild discomfort, but acetaminophen or ibuprofen can take care of this issue. After you have healed, the permanent bonding of the crown or dentures causes no discomfort at all.
How long do implants last?
Typically, they last a lifetime, according to the Institute for Dental Implant Awareness. Good oral hygiene practices are must-haves, and implant sites are much healthier when patients who smoke decide to quit. Additionally, you should know that the crown or denture you receive with your implant(s) will wear over time and eventually require a replacement. The implants, however, will not.
Are dental implants hard to care for?
Your hygienist will give you instructions specific to your particular needs. However, in general, caring for dental implants is no different than caring for your natural teeth. Consequently, if you brush/floss diligently and regularly see your dentist at Hidden Lakes Dental Care, your implant sites should stay viable and strong.
How do we get started?
Contact Hidden Lakes Dental to arrange your consultation. The Bolingbrook office is open six days a week at 8 am for your convenience. Phone (630) 759-0077.